Choose a topic…
|All Concept One Inspectors Use ASHI-Approved Forms and Methods In All Inspections|
All of our inspectors are trained according to the standards of the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) and have extensive experience in the construction trades. Several Concept One inspectors have attended Inspection Training Associates. ITA is the first licensed home inspection school in North America. ITA’s founder helped to create ASHI, FREA and CREA — the organizations that set standards for inspectors nationally. Concept One inspectors obtain continuing education on home inspection from the Professional Certification Institute and other agencies.
Concept One inspectors are TRAINED and CERTIFIED to do various specialty inspections:
- INFRARED CAMERA for inspections to locate hidden problems. It is a non-destructive or invasive type of inspection that can locate all sorts of situations in buildings.
- The MOLD TECH process and reporting system for Moisture Intrusion Inspections of buildings, is a system designed to identify areas of a building that may have water intrusion problems or the potential for problems. Many insurance companies accept this system of reporting for their use.
Licenses & Practice top
All Concept One inspectors use ASHI-approved forms and methods in all Concept One inspections. Several of Concept One’s inspectors hold contractor licenses. (No license is required for building inspection in the state of New Mexico.) We hold:
- Contractor’s License GB98 with the State of New Mexico
- Engineer’s Certificate with the State of New Mexico
If a warranty is purchased, faulty components covered by the warranty contract will be repaired, should they fail during the term of the warranty. Our inspection and warranty contracts are available upon request. See the Warranty and Terms & Conditions sections of this site for more information.
Insurance Coverage top
- Errors & Omissions: Provided.
- General Liability: $1,000,000 aggregate with Liberty Surplus Corp.
Agent Indemnification top
Our insurance coverage includes a “Limited Additional Insured Endorsement” for referral agents and brokers.
Rating & Regulation top
Concept One is a member in good standing of the Better Business Bureau with a rating of “satisfactory” and no claims made in the past five years. ASHI reports no complaints about Concept One. (The state of New Mexico has no regulatory department for home inspections.)
Years in Business top
Concept One has been in business since 1996.
- American Society of Home Inspectors
- Better Business Bureau
- Albuquerque Board of Realtors
- New Mexico Board of Realtors
Conflict Resolution top
Our paperwork, inspection contract and warranty all state that arbitration is the process that will be used for conflict resolution. Further we specifically state that we will exclusively use Construction Arbitration Services, Inc. for conflict resolution